Your co-op, your community!
Astoria Co+op was started by a group of people who care about healthy food, and care about our community. We are all carrying on that legacy, as consumer-owners – the members of the co-op. Members determine bylaws, democratically elect the Board of Directors, and get involved in all sorts of ways. And unlike other grocery stores, our profits go directly back into our store or to the community we serve.
Would you like to consider serving on the board of directors? Our nine-member Board of Directors, provides strategic direction for our co-op. Each board member serves a three-year term, with three positions generally open for election each year. The board can also appoint individuals to fill vacancies.
Interested in serving on the Board?
If you’d like to be considered for placement on the 2020 Ballot for election to the Board of Directors, we’d like to meet you! The first step is to attend a board meeting and see what it is all about. To attend an upcoming board meeting, please email email@example.com. Prospective board members must attend three (3) regular meetings before submitting an Application for Nomination.
Upcoming dates for Board Meetings:
- October 24, 2019
- November 21, 2019
- December, January and February meeting dates TBA.
Other important dates:
- Application for Nomination deadline: March 1, 2020 (check back here for application materials in December 2019)
- The Board will recommend and approve a slate of nominees to be published in April, 2020.
- Elections will be held for a period of 30 days (in store and electronically), leading up to the Astoria Co+op Annual Meeting in May, 2020.
- Election Results announced at Annual Meeting in May 2020.
To review the Bylaws of the Astoria Co+op pertaining to Board Members, Article IV: Board of Directors please click here.
Thank you for being a part of our co-op!