New! Co-op owners can save 10% on a shopping trip every month for the rest of the 2020 starting in September! That is twice as many discounts as previously scheduled. We hope this temporary increase in owner benefits will help you, the co-op and local economy. Click here for more information.
Join thousands of your friends and neighbors in owning Astoria Co+op. Although you don’t have to be an owner to shop, we think the benefits of ownership are pretty great. Help grow our co-op, keep more money in our community and invest in a business that will always be locally-owned. Join us!
Why own the co-op?
• Get 20% off a shopping trip when you join. Welcome aboard!
• Four times per year, you get up to 20% off your entire purchase during owner appreciation days.
• Pre-order case quantities and get 10% off.
• Return on investment: all co-op profits are either invested in enhancing your store or shared with you in profitable years.
• Receive regular communications including email updates, and annual meeting invite.
• You can vote for board members to represent you or run for the board yourself.
How it works:
• Complete an application and give it to a cashier.
• Purchase one share of owner stock for $200. This is your equity in the business. Pay just once or in annual $25 installments.
• Receive a new owner packet containing your owner card and bonus coupons.
• We’ll be in touch about upcoming co-op events, elections, and other news.
• Create a vibrant local economy that puts people before profits and keeps more of your dollar circulating within the community.
• Expand the marketplace for locally-grown and locally-produced products.
• Support good jobs. The co-op pays a livable wage and medical/dental benefits.
• Increase the community’s access to healthy food and good nutrition.
• A bigger co-op will create an even greater positive community impact. We seek to expand and your ownership equity is more important than ever to help grow the store.
Click here for an application, or pick up a written application at the store.