Good food means different things to different people. That’s why your co-op offers choices so you can decide what’s best for your body within your budget. Our buyers work to source items that reflect our shopper’s needs and values. At Astoria Co+op, we try to make it easier for you to shop for healthy food by doing some of the research and label-reading for you.
What you will not find on our shelves:
- Artificial sweeteners, colors, flavors, or preservatives
- Trans-fats or high fructose corn syrup
- Growth hormones or antibiotics in meat and dairy
What you will find on our shelves:
- Certified organic and local produce
- Humanely-raised meats & local seafood
- Wide variety of organic bulk foods
- Special diet foods (gluten-free, vegan, Paleo & more)
- Grab & go deli with soups, sandwiches, and salads
As a cooperative, we believe in economic democracy. We encourage you to vote with your dollar on the types of foods and products you want at your co-op. We take product requests and items you’d like to see us carry too so stop by the product request board next time you’re in or email email@example.com.
Are you a producer/vendor looking to get your product on our shelves? Click here to learn about becoming a new vendor.