We are gathering essential goods for our community by participating in United Way of Clatsop County’s 2020 Day of Caring on Saturday, September 12th from 9am to 1pm. We will be asking shoppers to donate needed items including non-perishable food which we will bring to a collection site.
The local United Way is working hard to meet the needs of our community and due to the challenges of COVID-19, is coming together in support of United Way Partner Agencies and the people they serve with essential and emergency needs.
You can help by donating the following:
- Food – Non perishable food items, breakfast, lunch, dinner and healthy snacks
- Dental Care – Toothbrushes, toothpaste, dental floss
- Personal Care Items – Soap, shampoo, deodorant, feminine hygiene products, toilet paper
- Safety Items – PPE, face masks (medical of cloth) medical gloves, hand sanitizer, disinfectant wipes
- Kids Comfort – Blanket, plush toy, books and games (all items must be new)
- Baby Care – Diapers, baby wipes, formula, baby food, baby clothes (must be new)
- Pet Care – Pet food, treats and toys
- Financial Stability – Gas cards, bus passes, grocery store gift card, pre-paid phone
- Inspirational Cards – Handwritten words of encouragement for students and educators
There will be three official donation drop off locations: Columbia River Maritime Museum, Seaside Factory Outlet Mall and Astoria Ford. Volunteers will be on hand to collect items from your vehicle and give donation receipts. We will deliver all items donated by our shoppers to the Maritime Museum site.
You can also help by rounding up your purchase total to benefit United Way when shopping at the co-op in September. Learn more about our Change for Community program.
Visit www.clatsopunitedway.org for more information about the Day of Caring or to make a direct donation.