Astoria Co+op is committed to carrying organic fresh produce, of the finest and freshest quality possible.
We obtain our produce from the following sources in priority order:
1. Local Certified Organic (seasonal)
2. Good quality Certified Organic from the closest possible source
3. Local Non-certified Organic (seasonal)
4. “Integrated Pest Management” (IPM)
5. Local (non-organic)
6. Conventional on temporary basis and only when organic or quality organic is not available
Part of our mission is to help new, local farmers in their endeavor to create a market for their produce.
If you are a local producer and want to share your locally grown produce with the community through the co-op, please take a look at these documents: