By Christian Whitby, Astoria Co+op Produce Manager
This bright and beautiful salad combines some of the season’s best ingredients to make a dish that looks as good as it tastes.
• 5oz baby arugula
• 1 large or 2 small cara cara oranges (about ¾ lb.), sliced
• 1 large or 2 small heirloom navel oranges (about ¾ lb.), sliced
• 1½ lbs. watermelon radish, thinly sliced
• ½ cup feta cheese
• ½ cup chopped walnuts
I like to make my own dressing, but this dish also works great with a pre-made vinaigrette!
Honey Lemon Vinaigrette
• ¼ cup olive oil
• 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
• 1 tbsp honey
• 1 Meyer lemon, juiced
• 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Create a bed of arugula on your serving platter.
2. Layer on the watermelon radish and then the orange slices.
3. Sprinkle the feta and walnuts on top.
4. Combine the vinaigrette ingredients in a bowl and mix together. Drizzle over the top of the salad before serving.